After fifteen years of experience, a large number of course participants and certified IT professionals, the CET company – Computer Equipment and Trade decided to offer higher education in the field of computing, by founding the School of Computing (RAF).
Based on the decision 612-00-1 / 03-01 given by the National Council for Development of University Education on 19 June 2003, CET was authorized to establish the School of Computing. The School of Computing, Union University, was entered in the register of the Commercial Court in Belgrade on 10 July 2003, the registry entry no. 5-741-00. The Ministry of Education and Sports issued a decision establishing that the School of Computing , Union University, in Belgrade meets the necessary personnel, space and technical requirements for the startup and performance of the first year of undergraduate studies – no. 022-05-00204 / 2003-04, starting on 19 November 2003.
On 24 February 2004, the Ministry of Education and Sports of the Republic of Serbia gave its consent (no. 612-00-00113 / 2002-04) for the curriculum of undergraduate studies which last four years. The Ministry of Education and Sports issued a decision establishing that the School of Computing in Belgrade meets the necessary personnel, space and technical requirements for the startup and performance of the second, third and fourth year of undergraduate studies – no. 119-05-00152 / 2004-04, starting on 29 September 2004.
On 12 September 2005, the Ministry of Education and Sports of the Republic of Serbia gave its consent (no. 612-00-219 / 2005-04) for the plan and program of Master studies at the School of Computing for the following departments: Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Information Systems.
Based on the Rulebook on the education of teachers and associates in IT high school („Sl. glasnik RS – Prosvetni glasnik“, no. 4/2006 and 2/2008.), the graduates of the School of Computing are allowed to teach and perform other forms of educational work in IT high schools.
According to the decision made by the Commission for Accreditation and Quality Assurance (the fourth cycle) of the National Council for Higher Education, the School of Computing, Union University, successfully completed the first process of accreditation in 2009.
According to the decision no. 612-00-1424 / 2008-04, the School of Computing was accredited as an institution with seven accredited study programs in two fields – the field of natural sciences and mathematics, and the technical-technological field. The Ministry of Education of the Republic of Serbia issued a work permit no. 612-00-00956 / 2010-04 in 2011.
Based on the decision made by the Commission for Accreditation and Quality Assurance on 20 March 2015, the School of Computing was successfully reaccredited. According to the certificate no. 612-00-02672/2013-04, eleven study programs in three fields were accredited – the field of natural sciences and mathematics, the technical-technological field and the artistic filed.
Based on the decision made by the Commission for Accreditation and Quality Assurance on 20 July 2021, the School of Computing was successfully reaccredited. According to the certificate no. 660-01-00014/60, thirteen study programs in three fields were accredited – the field of natural sciences and mathematics, the technical-technological field and the artistic filed.
Knowledge, education and innovation for the world that is changing
As a centre of knowledge, we are committed to the creation, dissemination and preservation of knowledge as well as its application for the general benefit of our society. We provide students with an education that is a combination of a rigorous academic approach and exciting research based on the intellectual challenges created by high technology. We follow world trends, but also extend the boundaries in all areas of computing.
Leadership in the field of high technology
The unity of education and research in the field of high technology that affects positive changes in society. Interdisciplinarity that covers scientific, technological, humanistic and creative activities, while breaking stereotypes and bureaucratic restrictions.
- Creation of free-thinking, critical, enterprising and creative individuals who contribute to the progress of society.
- Encouraging respect, acceptance of diversity, mutual tolerance and respect for human rights and fundamental freedoms.
- Implementation of high ethical principles that are an integral part of study programs and methods of study.
- Establishing study programs that are adapted to the latest world achievements in science and the educational process.
- Provision of all necessary resources for the realisation of educational and scientific-research activities.
- Cooperation with economic and social organisations in order to solve technical problems and encourage development.
- Continuous monitoring and improvement of the quality of the teaching process, training of teachers and associates, provision of conditions for the execution of study programs, efficient internal organisation and active cooperation with the environment.
- Organisation of continuing education programs.
- Sustainable and stable funding that guarantees academic freedom, economic and political independence.